Types of hosting solutions
A hosting solution implies hoarding and/or sharing particular web content on a web hosting server run by a website hosting distributor. There are various varieties of hosting services used for various goals, so let's examine these. Doing so, you can pick what you want, on the basis of whether you'd like to run a web page, e-mailbox accounts, or to share files with chums and partners.
- File hosting: a service supplied by certain web hosts, which permits you to share big files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its only designation is to share files, since it does not offer web page uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to read an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php web site files in your browser. Free-of-cost file hosting accounts are frequently supported by exhibiting ads beside the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a certain stretch of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you possess a paid file storage plan, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no restriction when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the help of the cPanel hosting wholesalers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly imprecise explanation of the literal definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would allocate the load between individual stacks of servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending various webspace hosting services (email, storage space, stats, DNS, databases, webspace hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting service is simply a type of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; given corporations provide a hosting solution for images only. This hosting kind is good if you wish to share an immense quantity of images with buddies or associates since the solution is commonly free of cost. You will obtain a randomly generated link for each and every picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for sites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution dedicated to handling your email address accounts. Some suppliers provide web space hosting services for web pages, but do not offer an email hosting service. If you would like to run a mail address with your domain name but do not wish to keep a web site, then the email hosting service is what you need. You can create email mailbox accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a certain video, or you can embed the video clip in your web site that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of utilizing this method in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video creates a particular amount of CPU load, so with several videos and a few hundred viewers, you may have a problem with your website hosting quotas. Embedding the video clip will allow you to run as many videos as you would like without hassling about system supplies.
- Website hosting: this is the solution that you require if you want to own a web site. To a certain degree, it encompasses all of the aforesaid hosting categories since, along with your websites, you can also host pictures and files, you can keep databases and mail addresses, upload video clips, and so on. At The Sales Builder, for example, you can have a look at web hosting and dedicated web hosting solutions that allow you to get all of the abovementioned services in one single location. There may be restrictions depending on the sort of hosting service that you've settled on - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web page hosting package may be better or worse compared to the regular e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are devised for specific content exclusively.